WUPATKI NATIONAL MONUMENT TRIP
Bill Waters will be leading a photography outing at the Wupaki National Monument on July 27, 2022.
This historic and scenic National Monument provides opportunities for wonderful image-making. It is best seen with dramatic skies that occur during the seasonal monsoon rains during July-Aug. Four principal ruins locations are within easy driving of each other. Sunset is 7:33 pm on our trip date with three of the four ruins generally being highlighted. Of course with monsoon season clouds, sunsets may be a challenge.
- When: July 27, 2022, 3 pm
- Limit: 8 participants
- How: Recommend 2 vehicles w/4 passengers each
- Where: Meet at Wupatki National Monument Visitors Center
- Wx Conditions: Temps 85-100 F, rain a possibility
- Water: Available at Visitor’s Center, but recommend bringing min of 3 liters
- Restrooms: Visitors Center, Wukoki and Lomaki trailheads
- Fees: The NPS charges a fee for non-pass holders
- Food: None available at the park.
- More Information: https://www.nps.gov/wupa/index.htm
Program/Experience: After meeting at Visitor’s Center, you will have the opportunity to tour and photograph the large Wupatki Pueblo Ruins, after which we will drive to the Citadel and Lomatki Ruins for photographs. Lomatki as multiple sites with a 1/4 mile walk required. For sunset, we will travel to Wukoki Ruins.
If you are interested please contact Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-266-0631(h).